[xsl] xsl wrting to an xml document

Subject: [xsl] xsl wrting to an xml document
From: Andy Ford <andy.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:38:09 +0000
I'm assuming writing to an element in an xml document is a simple
operation for xsl.

I am putting together a language tree that will allow a user to read a
site in French (FR), English (EN) etc etc. I originally had it as a tab
separated list that was read in by Perl, and then decided to change it
to XML and get XSL to do the formatting.
Languages that have no value for the element will default to English.

The XML tree structure is this ...

<languages>
    <script>GLOBAL
        <var>CHOOSE_A_LANGUAGE
            <string lang='EN'>Please choose a language</string>
            <string lang='ES'>Elija un idioma por favor</string>
            <string lang='FI'>Valitse kieli</string>
            <string lang='IT'>Per favore, scegli una lingua</string>
            <string lang='NL'>Selecteer een taal</string>
            <string lang='PT'>Escolha um idioma</string>
            <string lang='FR'></string>
            <string lang='NO'></string>
	</var>
        <var>GOLD
            <string lang ='DE'></string>
            <string lang ='DK'></string>
            <string lang ='EN'>Gold</string>
            <string lang ='ES'></string>
            <string lang ='FI'></string>
            <string lang ='FR'>Or</string>
            <string lang ='IT'></string>
            <string lang ='NL'></string>
            <string lang ='NO'></string>
            <string lang ='PT'></string>
            <string lang ='SE'></string>
        </var>
    </script>
</languages>

What I would need XSL to do is display the default Engligh version along
with a text box, to enter their chosen language version i.e...

GLOBAL
	EN: Please choose a language
	FR: [			   ]

GOLD
	EN: Gold
	FR: [Or			   ]

[Submit changes button]

And update the XML file with the French version when they enter the text
and click on the 'Submit button'

So, essentially I need XSL to format the XML data into an HTML Form so I
can submit the changes back into the XML document.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Andy

--
perl -e "print qq^bIG VeRN ! ^^qq^#'#Yv#=<D+ ^"

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only.  If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm
that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed.  If you
are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using,
printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any
information contained in it.  We use reasonable endeavours to virus scan all
e-mails leaving the Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any
attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.
The right to monitor e-mail communications through our network is reserved by
us.