[xsl] xsl:variable and xsl-param ... local and global perspecitve

Subject: [xsl] xsl:variable and xsl-param ... local and global perspecitve
From: Manpreet Singh <singhm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:01:31 +0530
Hi,

	The following statment appears in the xslt specs. I want to know
that in the second sentence below, are we talking of 2 different
perspectives when we declare a variable or parameter, or is there a
difference in the their written form in xslt also?

  "Note that the xsl:variable and xsl:param elements can act either as
declarations or as instructions. A global variable or parameter is defined
using a declaration; a local variable or parameter using an instruction."

Regards
Manpreet Singh