[xsl] apply 2 diff xsl on the same xml OR passing parameter to xsl

Subject: [xsl] apply 2 diff xsl on the same xml OR passing parameter to xsl
From: "ficfic m" <ficfic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:31:41 +0200
Hi,

I have a link to xml file in an html 'index' file

I need to display the same xml file in different ways in each case (link).

1. Is there a way to pass a parameter to the XSL file through the xml URL ?
(this way I'll have one xsl file and according to the parameter value I'll display only what I need)

2. Is there a way, which is not browser depended, to apply the needed XSL on the xml file ?
(meaning I've 2 XSL file for 'detailed' version and 'summarized' version)

3. I didn't quite understand, is XSL processor a built-in in all web-browser ? are there platform or web-browsers that don't suppot XSL processor and additional program should be installed on it ?

4. how can it be the IE6 and netscape fail to open 10M xml file but when I'm adding to this file an XSL stylesheet it take no longer the 10sec ?

best regards,
ficfic