Re: [xsl] Add attributes Processed File

Subject: Re: [xsl] Add attributes Processed File
From: "contest.vix" <contest.vix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:53:33 -0200
Hi,
Thanks for your help.
What I'm trying to do is to group all elements "a" with attribute flag="true"
at the same level at the xml tree that has only one elemnt "b" with attribute
flag="true" among them.
In the example below I marked the group I'm trying to group.

<root>
 <a flag="false">
  <b flag="false"/>
 </a>
 <c>
  <b flag="false"/>
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
   <b flag="true"/> <--------------
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
  </b>
 </c>
</root>

the output, should be:

<root>
 <a flag="false">
  <b flag="false"/>
 </a>
 <c>
  <b flag="false"/>
    <group> <-------------- begin new element
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <b flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
    </group> <-------------- end new element
  </b>
 </c>
</root>

Thanks a lot,
Roger.

> > The only solution that i think is to mark te already processed elements
"a".

> that clearly isn't a solution as XSLT can not write to teh input, and
> all templaes are side effect free.
>
> Unfortunately I can't follow your problem description well enough to
> suggest any code.
>
> > So I must group all groups of elements "a" that has one element "b" among
them.

> what do you mean by "group" here, and in particular what do you mean by
> group of groups.
>
> As your input and output had lots of I couldn't tell which
> elements in the input was being mapped to which element in the output.
>

> > I must group all elements "a" with attribute flag="true" follwed by a
> > element "b" with attribute flag="true"
>
> to select all such a elements you would use
>
> select=".//a[@flag='true'][following-sibling::b[@flag='true]]"
>
> but I can't relate that to your sample output. (The above would just
> select one element in your sample input:

> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

AntiPop-up UOL - I gratis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/