RE: [xsl] Defining a key on a RTF inside a Template

Subject: RE: [xsl] Defining a key on a RTF inside a Template
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:33:20 -0000
> But please consider this.., if for instance, the main
> XML document also contained the <projectsum> nodes,
> then the key definition -
> <xsl:key name="countDetail" match="projectsum"
> use="@id"/>
> would include those nodes also in the scope.. So
> introducing the <temp> tag would be neccessary to
> enforce the scope to RTF..
>
> But I was wrong that <temp> was neccessary to enforce
> scope to RTF(as you have clarified).. But using
> <temp>(or any other name which does'nt exist in source
> XML) would accurately enforce the scope of xsl:key to
> RTF.. Am I right..?

Yes, it would restrict the scope, but what would you gain from this?

You can assume that a reasonable implementation will only construct an index
for those documents where the key is actually used, not for all documents
that contain a node that matches the match pattern.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/