Re: [xsl] Error in saxon

Subject: Re: [xsl] Error in saxon
From: Jake The Snake Briggs <jakbri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:48:04 +1300
Beatriz Langiano wrote:

Hi,

I know this isn't the best place to post this message, but does anybody cam help me?

I'm using saxon to process my xslt and when I run:

java -jar saxon -o out.xml file.xml map.xsl

The system generates this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException:
No such file or directory
       at
java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
       at
java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
       at
java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)

What is wrong in my system?

Could anybody help me?

Thanks, Beatriz

At a breif guess i would say that your jvm is trying to unzip the jar file that saxon is in, and for some reason is failing. A jar file is merely a zip file with a renamed extention, and there are certain files you need in the root of the archive.
What your telling java to do with the command "java -jar saxon ... " is to open and unzip the file "saxon.jar" and run the saxon.class inside it. The file is expected to be in the same directory as you are, when you are running the command. Try "java -jar /full/path/to/saxon ...." Maybe that will fix it :)

Jake