Re: [xsl] Convert 2 xml with 1 xsl file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convert 2 xml with 1 xsl file
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:47:49 -0600
Make that:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document('otherDocument.xml')"/>

I was just looking at one of my own stylesheets that merges two documents
(today's problem to solve) and noticed that I had forgotten the quotation
marks in the message I sent to the list.

Sorry about the extra traffic.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
12/09/2004 05:44 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [xsl] Convert 2 xml with 1 xsl file

I can't speak to the Java part of it, but the document function can solve
the convert two (or n) files from a single stylesheet problem. The
following instruction pulls in the content of another document and
processes it:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document(otherDocument)"/>

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Marcelo <marcelochyna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/09/2004 08:30 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] Convert 2 xml with 1 xsl file

Hi! May anybody help me? I need to convert 2 xml with
1 xsl file to a XHTML file. How do I do that?

Besides that. Does anybody knows Java? Because I need
to do this convertion within it.

My code converts 1 xml with 1 xsl file. But how can I
do with 2 xml)

Thanks.

Marcelo.

This is my code:

public static void xsl(
                                 String xml1,
                                 String xml2,
                                 String outFilename,
                                 String xslFilename) {
                                 try {
                                                 // Create transformer
factory
                                                 TransformerFactory
factory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();

                                                 // Use the factory to
create a template containing
the xsl file
                                                 Templates template =
 factory.newTemplates(
  new StreamSource(new
FileInputStream(xslFilename)));

                                                 // Use the template to
create a transformer
                                                 Transformer xformer =
template.newTransformer();

                                                 InputStream in = new
URL(xml1).openStream();
                                 //              StringBuffer s = new
StringBuffer();

 System.out.println(in.toString());
                                                 Source source = new
StreamSource(in);
                                                 //Source source = new
StreamSource(new
FileInputStream(inFilename));
                                                 Result result = new
StreamResult(new
FileOutputStream(outFilename));

                                                 // Apply the xsl file to
the source file and write
the result to the output file
                                                 xformer.transform(source,

result);
                                 } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
 System.out.println("FileNotFoundException ");
                                                 e.printStackTrace();
                                 } catch
(TransformerConfigurationException e) {

System.out.println("TransformerConfigurationException
");
                                                 e.printStackTrace();
                                                 // An error occurred in
the XSL file
                                 } catch (TransformerException e) {
 System.out.println("TransformerException ");
                                                 // An error occurred
while applying the XSL file
                                                 // Get location of error
in input file
                                                 SourceLocator locator =
e.getLocator();
                                                 int col =
locator.getColumnNumber();
                                                 int line =
locator.getLineNumber();
                                                 String publicId =
locator.getPublicId();
                                                 String systemId =
locator.getSystemId();
                                                 e.printStackTrace();
                                 } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
                                                 // TODO Auto-generated
catch block
                                                 e.printStackTrace();
                                 } catch (IOException e) {
                                                 // TODO Auto-generated
catch block
                                                 e.printStackTrace();
                                 }
                 }
}

Yahoo! Mail - Agora com 250MB de espago gratuito. Abra
uma conta agora! http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/