Re: [xsl] functions and sequences

Subject: Re: [xsl] functions and sequences
From: Dimtre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:14:51 +1100
I've also run into this issue.

While it is perfectly understandable, it is a major change from
XSLT/XPath 1.0 where it was not allowed to have two immediate
text-node siblings.

Now we have sequences and we can have a sequence of text nodes.

I think it would be good to support the following in order to avoid
inconvenience and confusion:

   -  Allow an xs:string() constructor, which takes a sequence of
xs:strings or a sequence of text nodes; This will allow a function of
type xs:string to automatically convert a sequence of
strings/text-nodes to a single string return value.

   - Provide an overload of the concat() function, which takes a
single argument of type sequence of xs:string or sequence of text
nodes.

Cheers,
Dimitre.