Re: [xsl] Different (body) layout on odd and even pages in XSL-FO?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Different (body) layout on odd and even pages in XSL-FO?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:45:02 GMT
I skipped the rest of this thread so perhaps this has been said before
but...

> the code below I get the products listed twice, at first - all products with
> images to the left and then all product again with the images to the right
> (which make sense since I call the apply-template twice, using different
> modes).

FO (Like TeX) has a galley model where the text is first typeset on to
an infinite scroll, the page breaker comes up later and chops this
scroll up into pages, at this point different headers/footers can be
added depending on page position but you can't reformat the text body
(much).

If you want to have a layout with text on the outer edge and images on
the inner edge then I think that you have to estimate the vertical size
of each text/picture pair and assemble them into separate unbreakable
one-page tables at the XSLT stage, with forced page breaks between each
table.

David

http://www.star.net.uk