RE: [xsl] Tree from directory listing

Subject: RE: [xsl] Tree from directory listing
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:14:19 -0000
> By the way, I realize that it opens an alternative to the
> node-set function! Wrap your fragment in
> some obscure element name (or just use some namespace) and
> add a key that only matches that element.
> Should work, I guess..

No, it doesn't. In XSLT 1.0 (sans xx:node-set()) you are only allowed to do
two things with an RTF, namely to copy it using xsl:copy-of and to use it in
a context where a string would be accepted. That means that a node in an RTF
can never become the context node, which means that you can't select within
an RTF using the key() function.

Nice try.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/