Re: [xsl] no attributes outputed when chaining transformations

Subject: Re: [xsl] no attributes outputed when chaining transformations
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:44:06 +0100
Ah, I really ought to test things before I shout something...

Could you send us the result after the first step?

I can't really say I know what is wrong here, but I did learn to be cautious with using default namespaces in xsl stylesheets. They both apply to unprefixed names in patterns and selects, and to literal elements in your stylesheet. I'm uncertain whether the default namespace is applied to elements and attributes that are explicitly created without a namespace declaration using xsl:element or xsl:attribute as well..

Things might get mixed that are straightened out by serializing and parsing again. A bit like why you have to serialize when using disable-output-escaping to add XML structure or entities (not a good practice anyhow!)...

Cheers

Yep (again), i'm pretty sure it is a namespace problem. Look up my previous post in this thread to find some solutions..

Cheers

Geert,
Thank you, I will try your suggestions. However what's confusing to me is why the transforamtions will work fine if I invoke them separtely, i.e. without chaning (See my original post). How is the intepretation of the namespaces different when I use chaining?

Neville