Re: [xsl] Again -- non MS transform Sarissa question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Again -- non MS transform Sarissa question
From: António Mota <xptm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:31:05 +0000
Also check the output method of your xsl. I had some problems with that,
nothing
that Emmanouil didn't point out correctly in a very short period of time :)

And try to search the sarissa forum, it has a lot of info...

Quoting Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Please direct sarissa related questions to the sarissa forum.
>
> First you need to remove the MS-only script as it causes an error in
> moz. Then you should make sure your stylesheet produces an HTML
> fragment, not a complete HTML document as it now does. Finally, using
> the XSLTProcessor is a good idea:
>
>     <script language="JavaScript">
>         function transData(){
>     // get the source document
>     var oDomDoc = Sarissa.getDomDocument();
>     oDomDoc.async = false;
>     oDomDoc.load("simple.xml");
>     alert(oDomDoc.parseError !=
> 0?Sarissa.getParseErrorText(oDomDoc):Sarissa.serialize(oDomDoc));
>
>     // get the stylesheet document
>     var oXslDoc = Sarissa.getDomDocument();
>     oXslDoc.async = false;
>     oXslDoc.load("simple.xsl");
>     alert(oXslDoc.parseError !=
> 0?Sarissa.getParseErrorText(oXslDoc):Sarissa.serialize(oXslDoc));
>
>     // create an instance of XSLTProcessor
>     var processor = new XSLTProcessor();
>     // make the stylesheet reusable by importing it in the
>     // XSLTProcessor
>     processor.importStylesheet(oXslDoc);
>

>     // now apend result to page

document.getElementById("here").appendChild(document.importNode(processor.tra
nsformToFragment(oDomDoc.,
> document), true));
>

>       } </script>
>

> hth,
>
> MAnos
>
> Graber, Jeffrey wrote:

src="js/sarissa.js"></script>
> >	    </head>
> >	        <h3 onmouseover="transData()">test IT</h3>
> >	        <h2 onclick="transData()">try this</h2>
> >	<!-- To make it simple, I used the simple files from
> http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_examples.asp -->
> >	<!-- MS transform works just fine -->
> >
> >	 <script type="text/javascript">// Load XML
> >	var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
> >	xml.async = false
> >	xml.load("simple.xml")
> >
> >	// Load XSL
> >	var xsl = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
> >	xsl.async = false
> >	xsl.load("simple.xsl")
> >
> >	// Transform
> >	document.write(xml.transformNode(xsl))</script>
> >

> >	<script language="JavaScript">
> >	    function transData(){
> >	// get the source document
> >	var oDomDoc = Sarissa.getDomDocument();
> >	oDomDoc.async = false;
> >	oDomDoc.load("simple.xml");
> >
> >	// get the stylesheet document
> >	var oXslDoc = Sarissa.getDomDocument();
> >	oXslDoc.async = false;
> >	oXslDoc.load("simple.xsl");
> >
> >	// instantiate the result document
> >	var oResult = Sarissa.getDomDocument();
> >
> >	// transform and store the results to oResult
> >	oDomDoc.transformNodeToObject(oXslDoc, oResult);
> >
> >	// transform and store the results to a string sResult
> >	var sResult = oDomDoc.transformNode(oXslDoc);
> >	alert(sResult);
> >
> >	// this alert does display the whole file but only the first line is
> transformed by this:

document.getElementById("here").appendChild(document.importNode(oResult.docum
entElement,
> true));
> >	  } </script>
> >

> >>Please if you could take the time and explain why I am only getting one
> line instead of the whole doc and what I can do about it.
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>Jeff
> >>
> >>Jeff Graber
> >>NG/IT/TASC
> >>703 312 2289

O SAPO ja esta livre de vmrus com a Panda Software, fique vocj tambim!
Clique em: http://antivirus.sapo.pt