Re: [xsl] end-of-sentence full stop in XSL:FO?

Subject: Re: [xsl] end-of-sentence full stop in XSL:FO?
From: Torsten Bronger <bronger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:08:15 +0100
HallC6chen!

"W. Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Torsten Bronger wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a way to distinguish between abbreviation dots
>> and those that end a sentence in XML.  Apparently Unicode doesn't
>> offer a clean solution to this (does it?), so I wondered whether
>> the XSL:FO standard has something for this problem?  If so, it is
>> well hidden I'm afraid ...
>
> Can you explain why you need to make this distinction? [...]

After a sentence, a bigger skip should be inserted (in certain
languages).  This distinction in made by TeX, and I write an XML to
LaTeX converter.  I need a way to preserve the end-of-sentence
information in the XML markup.  There are a couple of ways of
course, all of which more or less inelegant.

I just want to know whether there is already a way to express that,
so that I avoid re-inventing it.

TschC6,
Torsten.