[xsl] Can Saxon be made to understand Xalan extensions?

Subject: [xsl] Can Saxon be made to understand Xalan extensions?
From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:13:46 +0800
Hi,

1. My own stylesheets have some problem running Xalan, I get OutOfMemory (or
was it StackOverflow). Saxon works without problems.

2. I also use in the same system, docbook.sf.net which says that Xalan doesn't
work against that set. Norman recommends (among others) Saxon.

3. A new thrid-party stylesheet I would like to use, uses a Xalan extension,
http://xml.apache.org/xalan/redirect, which Saxon complains about.

Is there any way I can make Saxon understand how to deal with this extension
(not including hacking Saxon's source code), or to make Saxon delegate the
entire transformation to the JDK1.4 default transformer ??

Alternatively, is there a Saxon equivalent?  The 'redirect' allows me to
output to other files than what is given as the output stream, and this
stylesheet use this to create a set of reports in one transformation
invocation.

Cheers
Niclas
--
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

|   http://www.dpml.net        |
|  http://niclas.hedhman.org   |