[xsl] msxml apostrophe encoding

Subject: [xsl] msxml apostrophe encoding
From: fchoodless@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:01:43 +0000
Hi,

I can't seem to get certain type of apostrophe () to show up correctly when
transforming client side with Javascript and using transformNodeToObject.  It's
a curly apostrophe which is typically cut and paste from word, etc.  The end of
the code I'm using to transform is here, it's being inserted into the middle of
an html page.
xml.transformNodeToObject(xsl, resultdoc);
document.write(xml.transformNode(xsl));

I've tried different encodings in the xsl:output, but I am unable to get the
apostrophe to show up as anything but a square on the page.  I'm also having the
same problems with left/right double quotes, and hyphens.  Again, most of this
is pasted from word or the web, I don't have any control over what's being
inputed.

So, my question is is there a way to get this apostrophe to show up correctly,
or a way to test for the character and replace it.  I also can't seem to find a
corresponding character in order to replace this with a '

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using msxml 3.

Carter