Re: [xsl] Adding CDATA to the transformed XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Adding CDATA to the transformed XML
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:57:44 +0100
Bhaskar, Rajan wrote:
Does this mean we have to enter for all the values we need CDATA on. suppost i have for SenderFaxNumber and ReceiverFaxNumber should it be
like this
xsl:output cdata-section-elements="SenderFaxNumber"
xsl:output cdata-section-elements="ReceiverFaxNumber"

We have had situations in which the user by mistakes enters some special
characters and the xml parsing at the other end failed.

If you're producing XML via XSLT, there's no reason to specify CDATA at all. XSLT's XML output method will automatically escape all characters in text content that need to be escaped.

Julian