[xsl] namespace-alias question

Subject: [xsl] namespace-alias question
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:57:05 +0530
Hi,
    Iam using XSL to transform a schema into xsl and it is causing many
problems.
My stylesheet looks like this:

Here Iam using x to prefix my stylesheet while using xsl to prefix the
stylesheet being outputted
as suggested by Steve Muench.

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:x
="http://tempuri";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.omprakashv.org"; version="1.0">

<x:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="x" result-prefix="xsl"/>

In order to output the <xsl:stylesheet> element in to the output I have
tried many ways like below:

<x:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";?
</x:text>

<x:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
&#60;xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"&#62;
</x:text>

While the above compiles, the result of the transformation is empty
document using both oracle xsl parser and xalan.

The other way suggested by many doesnt work with the xslt processors.

<x:template match="xsd:schema">
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";?
</x:template>

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in