RE: [xsl] unexpected <TD> tags

Subject: RE: [xsl] unexpected <TD> tags
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:18:45 +0200
Hi,

>     Thanks for the response.  The nature of work I have
> undertaken is such
> that the source tree doesn't contain any <TD> tags. And I
> just output the
> html tags inside my templates the usual way. I don't even use
> <xsl:text>.
> Iam attaching a snippet of the erroneous output and stylesheet below:
>
> XSL output
>
>                   <x:template xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org";
> match="course">
>                      <x:template>
>                         <TR
> xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
>                            <TR>
>                               <TR>
>                                  <x:apply-templates xmlns:x
> ="http://www.w3.org"; select="*">
>                                     <x:with-param name="path" select
> ="/person/course"/>
>                                  </x:apply-templates>
>                                  <TD width="13%">
>                                     <P valign="center"/>
>                                  </TD>
>                               </TR>

I'm not sure what you're doing with the output above, but it's clearly not an
XSLT stylesheet (there are no elements in XSLT namespace). Also, there are no
TD elements in your output that have no attributes.

> My stylesheet snippet
>
> <xsl-if test="some condition">
> <xsl:element name="x:template">
> <xsl:attribute name="match">
> <xsl:value-of select="@name" />
> </xsl:attribute>
> <!-- Note: xsl:element not closed here -->
>
> some xslt instructions here including many
> <xsl:apply-templates>
>
> </xsl:element>
> </xsl-if>
>

> Is this correct. How would I make my x:template wrap the html + xslt
> instructions Iam generating. I still have many unaccounted
> for <TR>s which

But then here you say they're TR elements that should be in the result tree.
Again, one cannot really say what the problem is based on what you've showed
us. Could you prepare an example source and stylesheet that demonstrates the
problem?

Cheers,

Jarno