Re: [xsl] replace table by one code tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] replace table by one code tag
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:17:30 GMT
  I thank you for your assistance, but I need something that imports all nodes
  inside the table and remove all nested <code> tags before replacing all by a
  global <code>

not sure how you think we would have guessed that from your example. Not
that XSLT would care but your requested output is invalid HTML, code is
a phrase level element so can not contain block level elements such as
p.

  I think

   <xsl:template match = "table[@bgcolor='blue']">
     <code>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
     </code>
   </xsl:template>

  will not remove <code(s)> inside <table>

It may depending on what templates are applied.
For example
<xsl:template match="table//code">
 <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

would ensure that nested code elements just process their content
without producing more code elements.

I really can't guess how you want to map the row and cell structure to
your result.

You could for example do

 <xsl:template match = "table[@bgcolor='blue']">
   <code>
    <xsl:apply-templates select=".//td/node()/>
   </code>
 </xsl:template>

which will process the contents of all the td elements, but they will
just be concatenated with no space between.

David

http://www.star.net.uk