RE: [xsl] case-sensitivity in xml

Subject: RE: [xsl] case-sensitivity in xml
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:09:47 -0000
> I am aware that XML is a case-sensitive language but is there
> a way to
> override its case-sensitivity when processing an xml document
> using XSLT?

XSLT 2.0 allows you to do comparisons using a collation of your choice, and
implementations are likely to offer collations that are case-blind.

> Also, is there a way to extract certain bits from the inner
> text of an
> xml document using XSLT such that {abc, xyz} can become abc,xyz ?

XSLT 2.0 gives you full regular expression capability. 1.0 has a more
limited range of functions, but with the aid of recursive templates you can
usually achieve what you want. But you need to do some reading, because it's
not especially easy.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/