[xsl] Re: validating stylesheet

Subject: [xsl] Re: validating stylesheet
From: Lars Huttar <lars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:29:34 -0600
Wendell Piez wrote:

At 02:23 PM 1/21/2005, lars wrote:

(However Cocoon has certain incompatibilities with Saxon, so we
can't just use it by default.)

Could anyone say any more about this? What are Saxon's "certain incompatibilities" in Cocoon?

Please see http://java2.5341.com/msg/74569.html and the rest of the thread there.
Basically, it seems that in certain circumstances, Cocoon expects a writable DOM tree, but Saxon creates a read-only one.

I should disclaim that I don't understand the whole issue very well. My apologies if my statment misrepresents Cocoon or Saxon. It may be that the newest versions of C & S work fine together. We were able to find a workaround for our specific case, thanks to the help of Bruno Dumon, which involved modifying jar files. I don't know whether this modification would have to be redone whenever we upgrade, or not. What I can say is that Cocoon + Saxon did not work together "out of the box" for me at that time.

Regardless of that though, it would be helpful to know how to make Xalan thoroughly validate stylesheets.

Thanks,
Lars