RE: [xsl] Determine last element before applu-templates

Subject: RE: [xsl] Determine last element before applu-templates
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:41:57 -0000
> Should I use a sort in 'apply-templates' to be sure that the last
> element is THE last element?

last() (in XPath 1.0 terminology) returns the number of nodes in the context
node set. This is the same regardless how the node-set is sorted. More
importantly, position() selects of position of the context node in "order of
processing": so whether the nodes are sorted or not, position()=last() is
true only for the input node corresponding to the last node in the output.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/