Re: [xsl] call-template vs apply-templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] call-template vs apply-templates
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:36:16 +0530
Hi,

     I got this to work.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    omprakash.v@pol
                    aris.co.in             To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                           cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    01/25/2005             Subject:     [xsl] call-template vs apply-templates
                    11:49 AM
                    Please respond
                    to xsl-list

Hi,
    I have my xml like this:

     <campus name="resident">
          <detail>
          <student name="location" type="ps:north"/>
          <student name="distance" type="ps:km"/>
          </detail>
     </campus>

 <student name="course">
   <campus>
           <student name="course_name" type="ps:data"/>
           <student name="start_date" type="resident"/>
    </campus>
</student>

Iam using xsl to create xsl and want to output templates for each student
node in the output as follows:

<x:template match="location">
<x:template match="distance">
<x:template match="course_name"> etc.

Right now when Iam processing start_date node, I do a call-template where I
find all campus nodes having name="resident". I am doing this because in
the xml my first stylesheet acts on the student_node having name
'start_date' has no child nodes. In the xml I am running my second
stylesheet on, the start_date has child nodes.

The above works but the templates for the child nodes are created inside of
the template for start_date as follows:

<x:template match="start_date">
          <x:template match="location">
          </x:template>
          <x:template match="distance">
          </x:template>
</x:template>

This is now what I want.

I would like to have

<x:template match="start_date">
     <x:apply-templates/>
</x:template>
and then the template for location, distance etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is
sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in