Re: [xsl] Disable output-escaping

Subject: Re: [xsl] Disable output-escaping
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jan 2005 17:56:54 +0000

    Wendell> I can't speak to the issue of what "deprecated" should
    Wendell> mean

Well, what it means to me, as someone implementing an XSLT 2.0
processor from scratch, is that I SHOULDN'T implement it.
So I won't (although it would only take me about 10 minutes to do so)

    Wendell> worth noting, again, that the problems that come with
    Wendell> d-o-e are all related to the fact that, unlike almost
    Wendell> everything else you do in XSLT, what this feature
    Wendell> controls is the serializer that writes the output to a
    Wendell> file, not the processor that generates the output (the
    Wendell> "result tree") to begin with.
    Wendell> A reason it is optional is that serializers are optional,
    Wendell> and if an implementor builds an engine with no
    Wendell> expectation that the result tree will be written out to a
    Wendell> file, how is it to be handled?

What about character maps then? They require a serializer too, and are
not optional.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire