RE: [xsl] XML to XML conversion

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML to XML conversion
From: "Touchtel" <omprakashv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:04:19 +0530
       Hi,
            You say you understand xml and xsl concepts but then say that
xml-to-xml conversion is a grey area. You are right in assuming xml-to-xml
conversion is necessary though. I assume you are talking about XSLT when you
talk of xml-to-xml conversion because that is the main task of XSLT: to
convert from a source vocabulary to a target vocabulary. In the case of
xml-to-xml conversion, both the source and target vocabularies happen to be
xml. The XSL-FO specification talks of transforming an XML document to FO
which by the way is XML. Maybe that will help you understand more about
going from XML to XML. http://www.cranesoftrights.com should have some good
resources as well as the renderx website http://www.renderx.com and antenna
house website http://www.antennahouse.com

Regards,