RE: [xsl] How to save output of XSLT to file

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to save output of XSLT to file
From: Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:11:48 -0600
Hi Thadthong,

Following is an example I used on ASP.NET 1.x, with the XML Web server
control which is capable o doing transformations XSLT 1.0. First, an xml
source is loaded into an XmlDocument using a SQL Query Template, which
executes a SQL query and returns the data in xml format. Then, the snippet
that starts with XmlTextWriter shows how to persist the output to disk in
ASP.NET. Finally, the XML Web Server contol is used to perform the
transformation and show the output on the screen.

string strUrlXmlTemplateArticle = "http://"; +
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["strLocalHost"] +
"/docnet2/templates/tmpl.xml";
XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
doc.Load(strUrlXmlTemplateArticle);

XmlTextWriter writer = new
XmlTextWriter(Server.MapPath("/docnet/xml/tmpl.xml"),
System.Text.Encoding.UTF8);
writer.Formatting = Formatting.Indented;
writer.Indentation = 2;
doc.Save(writer);
writer.Close();

XmlOD.Document = doc;
XmlOD.Transform = (XslTransform)Cache["aplXslTransform"];

HTH,
<prs/>