RE: [xsl] Optimization Question

Subject: RE: [xsl] Optimization Question
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 00:17:38 -0000
>     I've been trying to find a more efficient way of transforming a
> large group of files using Xalan.

Why not try a faster processor ;-)

  I have about 435,000 xml documents
> (sizes ranging from 600b to 8K) that I need to transform.
> Each document
> undergoes the same exact transformation.  Part of the transformation
> involves doing a lookup in another xml document. ( about 5mb)

The key to this is (a) compiling the stylesheet once and reusing it, (b)
building the lookup document once and reusing it. Neither of these things
are difficult to do, but it's hard to advise since you haven't explained the
execution framework or your existing Java code.

If the transformation is a simple one I would expect to get the time for
this down to under an hour.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/