Re: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:39:06 +0200
You should use an XML Catalog.
As you are on Java you can either use Xerces [1] as your XML parser and its XML Catalog support or you can use the Apache commons resolver [2] directly.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/
[2] http://xml.apache.org/commons/

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:
I run into problems using Saxon on documents containing a DOCTYPE
declaration because it tried to look up the DTD even when I'm offline.
Is there a way to avoid this, short of removing the declaration?

The other problem is that without the DTD, entities can't be looked up,
so  I get an error. From what I could see in the FAQs, the only way
round that is to temporarily change &thing; into [[AMP]]something_else;,
with sed. Any alternatives?

regards,
Tom SW