Re: [xsl] free XMLSpy version and xalan

Subject: Re: [xsl] free XMLSpy version and xalan
From: "Anthony B. Coates" <abcoates@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:40:31 -0000
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:41:53 +0100, Katharina Kreis
<katharinakreis@xxxxxx> wrote:

so I found out that with XMLSpy Home Edition its not possible to use
Xalan processor.

Can anyone suggest another XSL Tool (free) which uses Xalan?

The 'jEdit' editor is free and supports Xalan. Download it (version 4.2) from

http://www.jedit.org/

and install it.  You then need to download the XML and XSLT plugins.
While connected to the Internet, Fire up jEdit and go to "Plugins | Plugin
Manager...".  Click on the 'Install' tab.  jEdit will download the list of
available plugins.  You may find a number that you want, but for XML/XSLT
you want the 'XML' and 'XSLT' plugins, and probably the 'XML Indenter'
too.  Higly recommended.

If you want something slightly slicker and not too pricy, oXygen 5.1
(http://www.oxygenxml.com) is well worth it.  I have a number of
commercial XML editors, but I find myself using oXygen more than any other,
especially for XSLT.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates, Director
Information Design, Messaging and Management