[xsl] New to XSLT: problem with passing param

Subject: [xsl] New to XSLT: problem with passing param
From: Sanjukta Mitra <sanmit27@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:47:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I am fairly new to XSLT and am trying to write a
stylesheet that will convert an XML decision tree to a
flowchart in SVG. This is a binomial decisiontree and
I am facing the problem of overlapping nodes.To solve
this I am trying to use a parameter that calculates
some positions in one template and passes it on to
another template.Can anyone please help me figure out
what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks
Sanjukta

I am getting the following error:

Error at xsl:param on line 211 of
file:/C:/REDworks/src/xslt/red2svg_testtree.xsl:

           The value is not a node-set

         Transformation failed: Run-time errors were
reported

 Line 211 is the line where I am defining the
parameter "Cnt"

Here goes the relevant portion of the code:

<xsl:template match="enumerated_type_ptr">
        <xsl:param name="XT"/>
        <xsl:param name="YT"/>
        <xsl:param name="XTxt"/>
        <xsl:param name="YTxt"/>
        <xsl:param name="rx" select="22"/>
        <xsl:param name="width" select="75"/>
        <xsl:param name="height" select="40"/>
        <xsl:param name="subtype"
select="id(@ptr)/title/@titleabbrev"/>
        <xsl:param name="subtype_length"
select="string-length($subtype)"/>
        <xsl:param name="stop_question"
select="ancestor::decisiontree_question[../decisiontree_answer[@answer='yes']][1]"/>
        <xsl:param name="Cnt"
select="count(ancestor::decisiontree_answer[@answer='no'][count(ancestor::decisiontree_question=$stop_question)
&gt;0])"/>
        <xsl:param name="Ctr" select="($Cnt)-1"/>
        <xsl:param name="X1"
select="($XT)-80-($Ctr)*140"/>
        <xsl:param name="Y1" select="($YT)-78"/>
        <xsl:param name="Variable_width"
select="($XT)+10"/>

      <svg:rect..../>
      <svg:text..../>