Re: [xsl] unparsed general entity in output !DOCTYPE

Subject: Re: [xsl] unparsed general entity in output !DOCTYPE
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Feb 2005 19:53:15 +0000

    Karjala> I need to create an unparsed general entity in the output
    Karjala> xml DOCTYPE 'statement', as specified in our customer's
    Karjala> (Elsevier)documentation: <?xml version="1.0"
    Karjala> encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE serial-issue PUBLIC
    Karjala> "-//ES//DTD serials issue DTD version 5.1.0//EN//XML"
    Karjala> "si510.dtd" [<!ENTITY cover SYSTEM "cover" NDATA IMAGE>]>

What you are trying to do is to write an internal subset for the DTD.
There is not a way of doing this in XSLT that is portable across all
processors.

I know of two ways of doing this. One is to write your own output
method, if your XSLT processor enables you to do this..
A simpler way is to make use of any extension that your XSLT processor
provides - for instance, Saxon 8 has an extension specifically to do this.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire