Re: [xsl] unparsed general entity in output !DOCTYPE

Subject: Re: [xsl] unparsed general entity in output !DOCTYPE
From: "Karjala Koponen" <kkoponen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:58:03 -0500
Colin,

Thanks for your answer.  Since this is the second time I've beat my head
against the wall to get something that is not available with standard
transforms I'm clearly being driven in the direction of using more advanced
tools, like Saxon.

Thanks again, Karjala

>>> colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/03/2005 2:53:15 PM >>>

    Karjala> I need to create an unparsed general entity in the output
    Karjala> xml DOCTYPE 'statement', as specified in our customer's
    Karjala> (Elsevier)documentation: <?xml version="1.0"
    Karjala> encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE serial-issue PUBLIC
    Karjala> "-//ES//DTD serials issue DTD version 5.1.0//EN//XML"
    Karjala> "si510.dtd" [<!ENTITY cover SYSTEM "cover" NDATA IMAGE>]>

What you are trying to do is to write an internal subset for the DTD.
There is not a way of doing this in XSLT that is portable across all
processors.

I know of two ways of doing this. One is to write your own output
method, if your XSLT processor enables you to do this..
A simpler way is to make use of any extension that your XSLT processor
provides - for instance, Saxon 8 has an extension specifically to do this.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire