Re: [xsl] Generic Element to Attribute String Conversion

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generic Element to Attribute String Conversion
From: John <john-xsl-list@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:40:35 -0800
Hello, thanks for your response.

Wendell Piez wrote:

Your question has a simple answer, but it also contains a possible "gotcha" that is potentially very important.

I think I know what you're talking about and I think this software includes an extension function I can use to access nodes by path even if it isn't allowed by XSL.

and then spliced together, this is most easily achieved by a recursive string-chopping template (or possibly by string-replacement functionality in XSLT 2.0).

I can't use XSL 2 yet. I will search for recursive string-chopping; my last search didn't find that.

Thanks,

-John