RE: [xsl] Is this an XPath Grammar Limitation ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is this an XPath Grammar Limitation ?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:03:02 -0000
Like many other languages, XPath (both 1.0 and 2.0) enforces data typing
rules through the language semantics rather than through its grammar.
Grammatically there are many expressions you can write that will fail the
data type restrictions. This is much more true in 2.0, but there are
examples in 1.0 also. Here are some expressions that the 1.0 syntax allows
but the data typing rules prohibit:

1/fred

fred/1

count(3)