Re: [xsl] Transform xhtml to xhtml, convert one tag to another, while preserving rest of file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transform xhtml to xhtml, convert one tag to another, while preserving rest of file
From: "Peter O." <xolox@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:21:17 +0100
@Wendell Piez: Browsing right now, thanks for the tip.

First of all thanks a lot for your quick reply Joris Gillis!

I tried your suggestion, but it doesn't seem to work, and I can't quite understand why. I was scared that my template for the <reference> element was wrong, but if I replace it's content with a dummy value to test if it works, the page doesn't change at all!

Here's the dummy/test stylesheet:

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<xsl:template match="reference">
<!-- I've also tried <xsl:comment>test</xsl:comment> and <xsl:text>test</xsl:text> as the only contents of the template -->
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="node()|@*">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm using Xalan (integrated with Apache Ant) for my transformations. Could this have _anything_ to do with it? Or am I at fault? I'd show the XHTML file that needs to get processed and the <reference> template, but their both quite big, and don't seem to have anything to do with it, since I don't get any warnings or errors.

Hmmmmmm..... I really hope I can get this to work, because it seems so trivial, yet I cannot get it to work.

- Peter Odding