Re: [xsl] Multi-level Sort

Subject: Re: [xsl] Multi-level Sort
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:46:54 GMT
> I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a sort problem.  I
> would like to sort on a presorted node in the same stylesheet.

again, I have no idea what you mean by a pre-sorted node in this
context. Or which (if any) nodes in the stylesheet you mean, you have
only shown nodes in your input, not in the stylesheet.

If your porcessor has a node-set extension (or supports XSLT 2 draft)
the easiest thing would be to do this in two passes. First do an
identity transform plus a template that re-orders the inner brand
elements so they are in alphabetical order, then you can use the
stylesheet I posted before as you will be able to sort on the first
brand (add a second xsl:sort sorting on brand[2] to distinguish the
cases where the first brand is equal.

If node-set isn't available (mozilla's transformiix is just about teh
only processor I know of where this is true) it's a bit harder, ask
again in that case..

David

http://www.star.net.uk