Re: [xsl] XSLT use cases; data-centric to document-centric transformations

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT use cases; data-centric to document-centric transformations
From: Peter Gerstbach <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:35:40 +0100
Zitat von David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>:

One of XSLT's great strengths is it allows
you to seemlessly mix these two styles and a typical stylesheet is
somewher in between (because a typical document is neither all "data"
nor all "document".

I'm often surprised that there are always so many different ways how to solve one problem with XSLT. I'm able to solve most of the problems, but when I look at the mailing list, I can see that there always better solutions out there... :)

When comparing performance I found out, that xalan and saxon perform bad when
there is only on big template. When the template is very large, saxon even ends
up in an StackOverflowError.

regards,
Peter