Re: [xsl] XSLT use cases; data-centric to document-centrictransformations

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT use cases; data-centric to document-centrictransformations
From: Peter Gerstbach <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:22:51 +0100
Zitat von David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>:

Having a single template is not weird, in fact while XSLT was being
designed it was thought to be such a common and important use case that
a special "easy" syntax was designed for that case. The "literal result
element as stylesheet" (or in xslt2 terminoligy "simplified stylesheet")
If your stylesheet just consists of a single template matching "/" you
can drop the outer xsl:tstylesheet and xsl:template element markup.

Hmm, I have read through the recommendation a dozen times, but it seems that I have always missed this section. Now things become clear... :)

Peter