Re: [xsl] Can I use a boolean variable in an xsl:if test

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can I use a boolean variable in an xsl:if test
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:01:05 GMT
Michael
> We've removed some of the worst "surprises" in the light of experience,

Yes I think it's looking reasonably good now.
I was going to try to sketch the main points in my mail last night but
it was late and I thought I'd probably get it wrong:-)

Andrew
> Of course, if there is another sequence related area to get burned on
> please post an example - it's good to know the gotchas up front.

It wasn't really the "first node" semantics I was refering to so much as
the difference between

<xsl:variable name="x" select="('a','b','c')"/>
A sequence of strings

and
<xsl:variable name="y" as="item()">
 <xsl:value-of select="a"/>