[xsl] XSL-FO model in Java

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO model in Java
From: Peter Gerstbach <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:38:18 +0100
Hi,

does anybody know a good (and if possible free) XSL-FO model in Java to create
and access an XSL-FO document?

I dont't want to use DOM, since it is too generic and would be painful to use. I
already thought of using an XML data binding tool to generate java classes from
an XSL-FO DTD or Schema. But since I found no schema, which covers the XSL-FO
specs in detail, I hope somebody knows a good java package.

Apache FOP provides a sort of a model for accessing XSL-FO but to me, its seems
that it is tightly coupled to FOP and can't be used without FOP (see package
org.apache.fop.fo).

In the list archive I found the same question (May 2002), but without any
appropriate answer:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200205/msg01365.html

thanks,
Peter