Re: [xsl] Happy XML birthday, all! :-)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Happy XML birthday, all! :-)
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:50:50 -0600
Neat.

"The Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a subset of SGML that is
completely described in this document. Its goal is to enable generic SGML
to be served, received, and processed on the Web in the way that is now
possible with HTML. XML has been designed for ease of implementation and
for interoperability with both SGML and HTML."

Interesting how we seem to have left SGML out of the picture since then.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
02/10/2005 01:46 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] Happy XML birthday, all! :-)

To all,

I was told that seven years ago the first XML RC was published - 10 Febr.
1998.

http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210

Happy XML birthday all! :-)

Cheers,