Re: [xsl] Summing grouped elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Summing grouped elements
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:04:41 -0800 (PST)
You can use count function for this..

<xsl:template match="/cars">
  <xsl:value-of select="count(car[categ='Sport'])" />
  <xsl:value-of select="count(car[categ='Pick-up'])"
/>
</xsl:template>

In the XML you have given, you have mentioned sport
and Sport ,and pick-up and Pick-up (please note the
case of 1st letter). sport and Sport will be treated
differently..

Either you have to make data "case identical", or you
may use like this..
<xsl:value-of select="count(car[categ='sport' or
categ='Sport'])" />
<xsl:value-of select="count(car[categ='pick-up' or
categ='Pick-up'])" />

Regards,
Mukul

--- Marcos Hercules dos Santos <mhercules@xxxxxxxxx>