Re: [xsl] Performance problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:48:31 GMT
	<item name=abc tim

maybe it's your mailer corrupted it but that isn't well formed. You can
only use " or ' to delimit attribute values not some character with byte
148 (which I think is some kind of smart quote in a windows code page)
It looks like  name=\224abc\224 in my mailer...

  <xsl:when test="$ cnt_bytes

That's legal of course but I've never seen anyone put a space after the
$ before:-)

> 4. Do you think I should use xsl:template or xsl:function to format my
> timestamp/bytes ?

Oh you are using xslt2? I don't think you mentioned that.
In that case you might find that it's quicker to coerce your attribute
to a data type and use the in built date handling functions to pull it a
part. (Or you might not find its quicker, but it's worth a try)

		<xsl:when test="$month = 9">Sen</xsl:when>
typo:-)

Are you sure that the time is being taken up with the formatting or just
iterating over a very big file. Is it appreciably quicker if you change
<xsl:template name="format-date">
<xsl:param name="date-time" select="."/>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template/>

David

http://www.star.net.uk