Re: [xsl] Losing schemalocation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Losing schemalocation
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:45:32 GMT
  Ahhh... maybe the problem is this, that I need to explicitly add these
  instructions.  These elements are not part of the original XML source
  (that is being transformed) and I do need to add these elements.  My
  mistake, I added these processing instructions to the identity
  tranformation stylesheet (as instructions for the stylesheet).  So...
  where and how do I add these further processing instructions?

There are no processing instructions in your input, your stylesheet or
your output.
You don't want to add an element you want to add an attribute
xsi:schemaLocation

which you could do with an instruction such as

<xsl:attribute name="xsi:schemaLocation">
<xsl:text>http://www.mygov.az.gov/schemas/ns/sdetail/2001/1.0</xsl:text>
<xsl:text> </xsl:text>
<xsl:text>http://www.mygov.gov/schemas/sdetail/SDTransactions.xsd</xsl:text>
</xsl:attribute>

You haven't shown any of your stylesheet so it's hard to tell you where
to add this, but presumably in the template matching data_root

You called your transform an "identity transform" and indicated that it
used xsl:copy but you also indicated that you wanted to transform data_root
in no-namespace to DataRoot in the namespace
http://www.mygov.gov/schemas/ns/sdetail/2001/1.0
which means chaning both the local name and the namespace of the element
which isn't an "identity transform" and can't be done with xsl:copy.

perhaps you need to say what transformation you are trying to
accomplish?

David

http://www.star.net.uk