RE: [xsl] XSLT and comma's in XML data

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT and comma's in XML data
From: "Pawson, David" <David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:58:58 -0000
*if* you have office tools,
open the file in excel, then save again,
using something other than comma as the separator
(I found pipe  to be useful).

M$ has quite regular rules for csv export,
just that they don't advertise them.

HTH DaveP.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/java/csv2xml.html
may help

    CSV files unfortunately have many conventions but no
    standards. One of the conventions is that when a field
    contains a comma, you put the field in quotes. I've no idea
    what you are supposed to do if the field also contains
    quotes. It would probably be a good idea to do some
    experiments with the software that's expected to read this CSV file.

    It probably does no harm to put the field in quotes
    unconditionally: I assume you can tackle that on your own.

    Michael Kay
    http://www.saxonica.com/

DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.