Re: [xsl] breaking xsl loop or template

Subject: Re: [xsl] breaking xsl loop or template
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:42:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi Prasad,
  XSLT is not a procedural language. It is based on
functional programming ideas. Its not possible to
break from a for loop in XSLT as in Java or C. The
value of select attribute in xsl:for-each loop
(xsl:for-each select="") is a "node set expression"..

You can imagine that iterations of xsl:for-each may
execute in parallel.. So breaking from a for loop
would not be possible.

For your problem, there are workarounds.. Please read
Dave Pawson's XSLT FAQ..

Regards,
Mukul