Re: [xsl] keyed lookup table

Subject: Re: [xsl] keyed lookup table
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:18:43 GMT
You should have mentioned you were using 2.0.:-)

>I was hoping I could access that table via a key:
>
> 	<xsl:key name="language-code" match="name" use="@code"/>

yes you could, assuming namespaces match up.

> that I would access with this expression:
> 	key('language-code', 'de', $stylesheet)"/>
>
>  given:
>
> 	<xsl:variable name="stylesheet" select="document('')"/>

no don't do that, although it ought to work, it causes the stylesheet to
be re-parsed. In 2.0 you can query into variables so you can just use
$language-table  instead of $stylesheet.

I'd guess it's a namespace problem.

David

http://www.star.net.uk