Re: [xsl] Halt rendering of nodes based on node id!!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Halt rendering of nodes based on node id!!
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:15:02 +0100
Tempore 11:33:06, die 02/17/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Adam J Knight <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Question:
Given the following xml/xsl files:
How do I stop stylesheet rendering or exclude nodes from rendering once a
particular nodes children are rendered. Ie: If the current node selected is node with id(10); it, its ancestors and its children are displayed. However, the children of its children(12,13) are not rendered.
Hi,

The node with id(10) has no descendants with id(12) or id(13)

The modification I believe will need to occur here:
<xsl:apply-templates select="//tree_node[parent::tree or
ancestor::tree_node[@id=$id]]"/>

I didn't quite understand your question, but you might try this:

<xsl:variable name="TheNode" select="//tree_node[@id=$id]"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="$TheNode/ancestor-or-self::tree_node | $TheNode/child::*"/>

Btw, the number of exclamation marks in the subject line of a post tends to be inversely related to the number of responses and the quality of their content.

regards,
"CB&CB9CB;CB.CB:CB?CB?CB= CB5CB9CB=CB1CB9 CB<CB1CB;CB;CB?CB= CB7 Cb CB9CB;CECB;CB1CB;CB?CB=" - CE!CB;CB5CECB2CB?Cb&CB;CB?Cb