Re: [xsl] Result still indented despite indent="no"

Subject: Re: [xsl] Result still indented despite indent="no"
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi David,
  You are citing this sentence from section 3.4 -
"Initially, the set of whitespace-preserving element
names contains all element names."

As I earlier said! This sentence is part of algorithm
description by the spec, that how xsl:strip-space and
xsl:preserve-space should be implemented, and should
be read in that context.

The complete paragraph is.. (I have marked this
sentence between >>>> <<<<)

For source documents, the set of whitespace-preserving
element names is specified by xsl:strip-space and
xsl:preserve-space top-level elements. These elements
each have an elements attribute whose value is a
whitespace-separated list of NameTests. >>>>Initially,
the set of whitespace-preserving element names
contains all element names<<<<. If an element name
matches a NameTest in an xsl:strip-space element, then
it is removed from the set of whitespace-preserving
element names. If an element name matches a NameTest
in an xsl:preserve-space element, then it is added to
the set of whitespace-preserving element names.

I might be wrong. looks like :) But in that case, the
spec should be a bit more clear.. It should clearly
say, what should happen, when both strip-space and
preserve-space are not present. Whether default
behaviour should be to preserve white spaces or strip
white spaces.

Regards,
Mukul