Re: [xsl] xsl recursion

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl recursion
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:58:18 -0600
>I thought
> DVC algorithms were supposed to stop this!

I'll stick my neck out here and assume you mean running times.
Problem here is probably running time might be reduced but the
implementation of the algorithm might have high memory costs.  So you
can finish the algorithm in quicker amount of time given that you have
quite a bit of memory for the stack.

So the processor's memory management might be a factor here.   You may
have better luck trying different parsers/processors.  However, the
best thing you could probably do is reduce the size of the input
documents or consider an approach like SAX .  You could also come up
with a less memory  intensive approach, but this is likely take quite
a while.

Of course the other problem could be your base case has flaw so it
never terminates.  I've made this mistake once or twice.    On a quick
glance yours seems good.

This seems to be a pretty regular question for the short time I've
been on this list, so there is most likely more information in the
archives if not in the faq.

Jon Gorman